- Montgomery Spur
- Event Type:
- Katherine & Anna Babington
- Tim Wright
- Val Fletcher & Scott Babington
Montgomery Spur Orienteering
A range of orienteering courses available, with something to suit everyone, from beginners to experts. It includes easy courses for those who are new to the sport and would like to give it a go. All welcome! Event suitable for the whole family.
Vaccine Passes: To allow this event to proceed under the Covid Protection framework vaccination passes will be required for all participants and spectators older than 12 years old and 3 months. Vaccination pass will need to be scanned at registration. Additionally, all participants must be pre-entered, there will be no entry on the day. There will be no results screens or water provided by PAPO.
Terrain: The map has great open natural spaces with moderate to steep farmland. The area we are using is on both sides of Rapaki Track and will be great hill training.
Entries: This event will be pre-entry only. Pre-payment required by credit card or bank transfer.
Enter here https://entero.co.nz/evento.php?eventName=montgomery-2022.
Entry closing date: Entries close Friday 11 February 2022 .
Payments: Credit card payments can be made from the entry system (EnterO). For bank transfers, please credit the PAPO bank account: 03-0823-04259310-00. Please reference your surname and "MSPUR"
Costs: Standard PAPO costs apply see https://papo.org.nz/faq/costs.
Costs for non-member family entries & teams entries: Due to limitations with the entry system, the maximums for non-member families and teams may not be correctly applied. If the total amount calculated by the entry system is more than the maximum stated here https://papo.org.nz/faq/costs, please choose the Bank Transfer option and pay the maximum shown. Please email PAPOentries@gmail.com if you have done this.
VIP points: If you want to use a VIP card to pay, please mark this with "MSPUR" and choose Bank Transfer on the entry form. Forward your email confirmation to PAPOentries@gmail.com with a photo of your VIP card.
Helpers on the day: If you are helping out with the event and will take a free run, please choose Bank Transfer on the entry form. Forward your email confirmation to PAPOentries@gmail.com with a note that you part of the team helping to put the event on.
Any other entry queries: Please email PAPOentries@gmail.com
Event registration and start area: Start area is at “Stand For Children School”, Glenelg Spur. (This used to be called the Glenelg Health Camp)
Parking: There are limited parking spots in the car park at the school, if you can, please travel by bike, to minimise the number of cars at the event.
Registration: from 10am
Start times: Choose your starting block when you pre-enter. Block one: 10.30 – 11.15 (full), Block two: 11.30 – 12.15. (max 100 people in each start block).
Electronic Punching: SI Air+ will be turned on for this event, bring your SI Air card if you have one. For those without an SI Air card (and anyone hiring a SI card) punch in the usual manner.
Course closure: 2.30pm
Dogs: Dogs under effective control are allowed.
This event will run under guidelines for the Red traffic light level from ONZ. Please read and follow these guidelines carefully – they apply to you and your family.
To allow this event to proceed under the Covid Protection framework vaccination passes will be required for all participants and spectators older than 12 years old and 3 months. Vaccination pass will need to be scanned at registration.
People should NOT attend any orienteering event:
● If they are unwell with a cough, fever, or other respiratory symptoms.
● If they have been in close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 until they have completed the prescribed quarantine period, even if they are completely symptom free.
● If they have returned from any overseas country until they have completed their allocated quarantine at an MIQ facility.
● If they are undergoing COVID-19 testing, until they have received negative results and are symptom free.
● If they have been advised to stay at home by a health professional.
Please do this in the day:
- Scan with the covid app when you arrive – if you don’t want to run with your phone, create a manual entry on the covid app.
- Go to the start, keep 2m apart
- Finish your course and leave (no second courses)
- Do not hang around and socialise
- Results will go up online
- There will be no water on the courses.